Monday, January 19, 2009

Time For An Update

First off Happy New Year fellow blog friends. I hope that 2009 will be a fantastic year and wish only great things for you all.

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

HA!!

I wish I could share all my new years resolutions with you all but I tend not to make any resolutions as failing to achieve them always sets me up for disappointment. But with saying this there are few things that I hope to change.

I want to spend as much quality time with my family. It is Eloise's last year at home before she starts her primary school journey next year so I want to spend as much time with her as possible. Can't believe my 'baby girl' has grown up so quickly!

2008 was such a emotionally challenging year for me with plenty of personal heartache. Everyone has their own 'life moments' but sometimes we forget that there are others who may not be going through the same stuff but still have their own burdens that are weighing them down. I plan on trying to live each day as if it's the last and savour every moment. I will try and only concern myself with the things that I have control over and forget about the ones that I cannot control because afterall there are events that none of us have control over.

I am going to try and 'destress' and take time out to really appreciate what I have. I have spent most of my life worrying about what others think about me. At the end of the day does it really matter what others think about us? Some people will always object and disapprove no matter how hard you try. At the end of the day we cannot control how others think and for some it doesn't matter how far you 'bend over' for them, it will never be enough. I have come to realise that you should not have to change how you are for anyone. So....Now is the time to discard my old thinking and live my life for me. As long as I am comfortable in my own skin and my family and true friends love me -doesn't matter about the rest.

We live in such a busy world - like when did it get to be so busy? I know that we all get caught up in the day to day business. I think we all need to take a step back sometimes and try and see things the way our children do. It always amazes me how my children always see the beauty and joy in the smallest thing.

No comments: