Friday, August 13, 2010

Beyond the Page with Kaisercraft

Friday Greetings everyone!

I'm back today to share some of the wonderful new beyond the page projects recently released by Kaisercraft. Don't you just love Kaisercraft for coming up with these brilliant ideas - I know I do
I have combined Kaisercraft Hippy Girl Patterned Papers ‘Earth’ and ‘Luna’ with the gorgeous Funky Wreath which was released last month to come up with this Home Decor Item


Home Decor: Funky Wreath by Trudi Harrison. Materials Used: Funky Wreath (SB2077); Hippy Girl Collection: Patterned Papers Funky Earth (P550), Luna (P555); Ice Cream Pearl Brads (EM934); Organza Ribbon Pink (RI614); Snow Pearls (SB794); Sea Breeze Paint (KC043); Antique White Paint (KC002), Turquoise Ink

Other: Embossing Folder, Leaf Die, Crackle Medium



The funky wreath has been embellished with hand made spiral roses made from Hippy Girl ’Funky Earth’ patterned paper, Ice Green Pearl Brads, Pink Organza Ribbon and die cut leaf branches from the Hippy Girl ‘Luna’ patterned paper. The birdies have also been covered with the Luna paper which has been embossed before applying



Check out the Kaisercraft Blog for my tips on creating the shabby distressed look of the leaves

And.....Have you seen the Kaisercraft Large Desk Organiser released this month? - Gosh it is such a super practical storage option. Made up, it makes for a strong, sturdy unit and it is large enough to store 12 x 12 papers at the back (or even a local community directory phone book cause I checked LOL!!)... and you can fit all sorts of bits of pieces in the drawers. It truly is a wonderful storage option for your desk. Make it up to coordinate with Kaisercraft's other storage options; I'm thinking the Storage Drawers (SB2073) and let the desk decluttering begin!!

Once again I have used the Hippy Girl Papers to alter the Large Desk Organiser. This time I have concentrated on a blue, purple of the collection and added white for a 'fresh' look


Large Desk Top Organiser by Trudi Harrison. Materials Used: Large Desk Top Organiser (SB2084) ; Hippy Girl Collection: Patterned Papers P551 ‘Sunshine’ , P553 ‘Spirit’, P554 ‘Harmony’, PP828 6″ Paper Pad; Ice Cream EM934 Pearl Brads; White Paint; Glue Dots; Foam Tape
Other: White Cardstock, Medallion Punch, Chipboard Flourish, White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun


and here it is in use....loaded up with a few of my favourite things




9 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Great work Trudi!!
I love love love that desk organizer!! TFS

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

OMG both are stunning. The wreath *sigh* I'm speechless, it is so beautiful. Off to check out the blog now :)

Kerryn said...

They are both fabulous Trudi, but the wreath is stunning!

Sue said...

Trudi, That wreath is just lovely.

The desk organiser is beautiful and so practical, what more could you want.

Marelize said...

Wow! I lurve that wreath Trudi! Its simply stunning! :)

AnnetteL said...

Oh my those projects just take my breath away Trudi! Simply stunning work luv!

Linda M said...

Wow Trudi!!!
Simply stunning...
You always leave me gobsmacked!

Sandrine Dawes said...

I absolutely adore your wreath, the colours are stunning and the details incredible!

Samantha said...

OMG!! *jaw drops* these are so beautiful!! totally stunning!