Sunday, March 6, 2011

Color Combo's Galore Challenge # 182

Howdy!

I have a layout share today that has been inspired by the Color Combos Galore Challenge #182.

This is the inspiration board

Photobucket

I have to say that I really enjoyed playing with the tone on tone aspect of the palette. When I saw this week's inspiration photo, I first thought 'Hubba Hubba -' these guys are heavenly on the eyes'. But rather than use fashion I have chosen the 'heavenly' aspect as my inspiration, I have scrapped a picture of my littlest angel. We think that she is of course 'heaven sent' and she will always be our gorgeous cherub.

This is my interpretation

'Cherub'

Photobucket

And a closer look

Photobucket

I have used a variety of patterned papers including Crate Paper, Creative Imaginations Die Cut, Webster's Pages, Prima and Kaisercraft (Up Up and Away). I have added some Kaisercraft blooms and paper roses (available from Deb's Creations), Prima flourish (thanks Kathie) and Zva Creative Leaf (available Deb's Creations), Kaisercraft Girl rubon sentiment and MME rubons and of course some much loved chippie - this time a Dusty Attic lampost and a word title both of which are available from Scrapping Outback. Think I have covered everthing LOL!!

Photobucket

Once again, lots of layering with different elements. The larger rose blooms are Kaisercraft's Paper Blooms - these ones are 'honey'. They are gorgeous as are the mini paper roses - these are available in Deb's Creations store.

Photobucket

I left the Dusty Attic Lampost in it's 'natural' state and inked the cherub title with Kaisercraft Sandstone Ink and then gave it a coating of frosted lace stickles. I also added some frosted lace stickles to the butterfly.

Photobucket

If you get a chance check out the Color Galore Combos site. The gallery is brimming with wonderful inspiration.

Thanks so much for dropping by and for taking the time to comment.

Bye for now

7 comments:

Marelize said...

What a fantastic layout Trudi! Its so dreamy. You have nailed the criteria for this challenge. Stunning!
Thanks for leaving all those lovely comments on my blog. xox

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Absolutely gorgeous and stunning, just like everything you create! I am so happy that you decided to play along at CCG because you will WOW them there. I am in love withyour style and cannot fault ANYTHING that you create! This is yet another amazing layout. Keep it up.

Jacque said...

Absolutely gorgeous Trudi xxx

Kerryn said...

Totally gorgeous layout Trudi!!!

Kathie said...

just love it Trudi....adore the photo and LOVE what you have done with the tone on tone colours...totally stunning..
Love Kathie
xoxo

Kirsty said...

OMG...hang on while I clean off my keyboard...I just drooled everywhere!
This is STUNNING!

Lou said...

Absolutely love this too!!!
Lx