Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Steampunk Twiddley Style

Hello!

O.K I think that I am making it back to the land of the living.  The last couple of weeks has seen me struck down with a particularly nasty virus - thank you to my darling husband for sharing this with me.. ummm not.  He managed to infect the whole house and for a while there all 4 of us were in a bad way.  Anyway, we are finally vertical after spending a few days as total bed rest - doctor's orders... seriously couldn't have got up even if I had wanted to.   

Just before I went away to Brisbane, I shared a little peek at one of the projects I had been working on for Twiddleybitz.  If you happened to visit the Twiddleybitz booth over the Queen's birthday weekend at the Brisbane Papercrafting Expo you may have seen this one.

'Destination'

Lots of Twiddley on this one including:

SB12001 Shadow Box 12" x 12"
BAL001 Balloon Large
BAL002 Balloon Small
SPK002 Flying Butterfly Clock - Steam
SPK009 Steam Punk Blossom
SPK011 Boot Skate
SPK014 Light Bulb - Steam Punk
WOR044 Destination Word
FLOW007 Flower Flourish Vine
FLOW006 - Shoe Flourish Large
OV007 Diamond Overlay Single Photo
FLOW001 Passionfruit Flower
BUT003 Butterflies Assorted
VTG005 Vintage Keys (pk 4)

I started with a 12" x 12" Shadow Box which I have covered with Graphic 45 papers.  
I wanted to focus on modes of flight and transport one may undertake in order to reach a 'destination'.  The inside the box has been embellished with an assortment of Twiddley 'transportation' components. 
And lookie, not a pretty floral bloom in sight LOL!!

Thanks so much for dropping by,
Hugs,
Trudi

4 comments:

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

I just adore this Trudi - I saw it at the show and its even better IRL of course - the photos dont really do it justice. stunning piece of art for sure - glad you're feeling better. looking forward to more LOL xxxx

Lizzyc said...

This is incredible.. so detailed and wonderfully creative.. I love the theme of transport and all the chipboard pieces are stunning. Nothing less then a brilliant masterpiece...

Di Garling said...

DEVINE. What can I say, absolutely gorgeous Trudi. Love it. Di xo

Kerryn said...

There must have been something in the air at the Expo because so many people have been sick since then! Glad you are feeling better now :).

I loved seeing your creations IRL, AMAZING!!