Saturday, March 2, 2013

CCG #234 is Live!!

This week's Challenge: CCG #234 is Moonlight Serenade!
Check out this gorgeous inspiration board  

I really like these colors together and have a particular fondness for blue gray. Although these are not always colors that I choose to work with for papercrafting I thank CCG for the challenge and making me get my 'blue gray' mojo on.


I chose Inspiration Photo #2 – “Focus On Product - Flowers" as the focus for my layout. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love my flowers. Here I clustered an assortment of Prima and Manor House Creations blooms - the larger brown roses incorporated as a contrast to the softer toning.

The background of my base paper (recycled Prima 12 x 12 mask packaging) was altered with some pattern detail from Inspiration Photo #4 (using a mask) along with some embossing powder from Inspiration Photo #1. Clear Sparkle was used over the top of some texture paste to add subtle shimmer.
Some stamped bird elements with ink were also added from Inspiration Photo #3. I used Kaisercraft Periwinkle Clear Stamps for these feathered beauties. 
Glitz Design Love You Madly patterned papers along with a touch of Melissa Frances were combined with Twiddleybitz Chipboard Elements - FRA017 Queen Anne Oval Frame, XMAS033 Christmas Flourish and Stars, FRA004 Vic Coll Fancy Oval Frame and ALP004 Twiddley Square Alpha all of which were inked with Maya Road Metallic Silver. 

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This is gorgeous! I love grey, it really can soften a layout.. love all your layers..

Gwen Wruck said...

So so beautiful Trudi, absolutely love the colours!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Trudi, your layout is fantastic! Love the beautiful photo and all the gorgeous embellishments. Such a great design. It's so great to know you through Color Combos Galore. Have a wonderful weekend! ^_^