Friday, March 28, 2014

Australian Scrapbook Ideas-Heidi Swapp Color Shine Feature 2

Hello and Welcome!

I have another project to share, this one also created for the Heidi Swapp Color Shine Tried and Tested Feature for Australian Scrapbook Ideas Issue 24.
Yesterday it was all about altering flowers and chipboard with these fabulous bottles of gorgeous colour. Today , lets give them a go at some background altering as I explored with my project 'Oh Baby'. 

I started with this for my base - Glitz Designs Finnley Bows Paper:
For my layout,  ‘Wild and Free’  I found that I could add a splash of gorgeous, happy colour to the Bows paper and create a unique background with Color Shine Sprays. 

I started off by randomly misting the darker background with White Color Shine. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it made a noticeable impact and didn’t just disappear. The sprays do blend so well and you can create interesting effects by blending a few colours over the top of each other though I do recommend that you let each colour application dry before adding a new colour. I also recommend reinforcing your background paper with a piece of chipboard to fit or heavier cardstock. This assists with keeping the paper flat and reduces some of the buckling and warping of paper as it dries. 

Try creating masked detail with the many masks/templates/stencils that are now readily available on the market. I used a 12 x 12 Prima chevron mask and Navy Color Shine over the top of the previously applied White Color Shine as a subtle effect. White Gesso and a little texture paste was randomly 'swipped' over the middle part of the background design. When this had dried, a combination of Primrose, Georgia Peach and Mustard were then heavily spritzed.

Runs of colour are easily created by holding the paper vertical and spritzing with the nozzle closer to the page. Take the lid off and flick to create ink splots. 


Instructions for recreating this project are available in Australian Scrapbook Ideas Magazine Issue 25.

No comments: