Sunday, March 22, 2015

Graphic 45 Design Team Audition 2015

Hello!!

Welcome to my 2015 Graphic 45 Design Team Audition. 

Firstly a little about me:

My passion for paper crafting has burned brightly for a  little while now. I have steadily been paper cutting, gluing, creating  and 'constructing' since our first girl came into our world 10 years ago. Over the time my style has somewhat evolved with different trends and experimentation with new product. 

I am a dimensional paper crafter and one who particularly enjoys getting their 'scissor happy' on.  I also enjoy creating little scenes with my projects that take me on a creative journey.   My creations will feature fussy cutting , layering, dimension, structure and detail.  I have a fondness for patterned paper and love to layer and embellish with fussy cut elements. If I cannot fussy cut,  I will die cut, punch or make.

Inspiration is quite often taken from the product that I am working with, however, sometimes, I also like to be a little diverse and venture 'outside the square' and deviate from the intended theme of a collection. 

My preferred genre for creating layouts is 12" x 12" and I do have a fondness for going beyond the page and altering pieces.  

Following are projects that reflect my creative style and strengths for design, composition and attention to detail:


Altered Shadow Box with Printer's Tray:
(Showcasing Graphic 45 By The Sea)


'You Are My Anchor'

Designer Inspiration: The beach and the exploration of by the sea treasures were the inspiration behind the creation of this project.






Layout:
(Showcasing Graphic 45 An Eerie Tale)


'You Bewitch Me'
Design Note: My two girls who always enchant me with the things that they say and do.  A non Halloween 'spin' on this collection. 


Altered Vinyl Record:
 (Showcasing Graphic 45 Mother Goose) 


'Back Track 75'  

Designer Inspiration: This project takes me back to an earlier childhood memory. As a child, my brother and I would listen to Patsy Biscoe’s 50 Favourite Nursery Rhyme’s Album.  It seemed appropriate to showcase this special memory on an older vinyl record which I found in one of my opp shop visits. 

Fussy cut elements from the Mother Goose collection allowed me to ‘Back Track’ to 1975 and recreate the nursery rhymes from Patsy’s record that I fondly recall.  A large moon was created from chipboard and patterned paper and provides the foundation for all of the nursery elements to rest on.


Layout:

(Showcasing Graphic 45 Come Away With Me Collection)


'Faith'

Design Note:  I always look at what can be created from pattern paper. Die Cutting elements are an economical way of creating embellishments


Altered Tag Album:
(Showcasing Graphic 45 Come Away With Me and Tag Album)


'Come Away With Me'

Design Inspiration: A passport to destinations




Altered Book:
(Showcasing Graphic 45 Come Away With Me)



'The Joy of the Journey'
Designer Note: An older book has been altered so that when it is opened a 3 Dimensional shadow box effect is contained within.



Layout:
(Showcasing Graphic 45 The Twelve Days of Christmas and Topography)


'A Beautiful Friendship'
Designer Note: A non traditional 'spin' on The Twelve Days of Christmas collection.



Finally, I would like to share another one of my favourite Off The Page projects I have recently completed. 

Steampunk Inspired Hat Shadow  Box: 



Thanks so much to Graphic 45 for the opportunity of applying and it is with much appreciation for the time you have taken to view my application. Thank You for your consideration.

No comments: