Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Scrapping Outback Reveal: Where the wild things are

Kicking off February with a bit of twisting.

Scrapping Outback's White with a Twist challenge has been revealed and this month we are going a bit fruity with the colours Rapsberry, Mango and Kiwi Lime.

Here is where my twisting took me....

Where the wild things are

Photobucket

Now there is a little story that goes with how the title of this layout came about. I realise that there is a book that is titled 'Where the wild things are'... but at the time my girls were unaware of such of book. We were up the mountain collecting fire wood and this particular day, my girls decided to go 'exploring'.... on the way I heard Miss E say to Miss N 'let's go find where the wild things are' and Miss N replies... 'only if they are nice'.

And a closer look - can you find where the cute, friendly 'wild things'are hiding?

Photobucket

The Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety Patterned Papers were perfect twisting match. Love this Chipboard Flourish Tree available in the Scrapping Outback Store. I gave it a bit of a makeover, first of with Rachelle Minett's Faux Metal Technique and then dressed it up with some foliage which I punched out from the Cosmo patterened paper with a Martha Stewart leaf punch.


Photobucket

Make sure you check out the challenge details and the DT's fabulous twisting creations HERE


Have fun twisting and happy scrapping!

8 comments:

Alanna said...

GORGEOUS! Such lovely colours and an adorable story. Love the little wild things hiding around the LO. I really like this LO :)

Scrapthat said...

So pretty Trudi!! TFS!

Kirsty said...

Oh this is wonderful!!!! Love the story behing it too :)

Unknown said...

this layout is just totally amazing and i love you title...have the girls seen the movie???

Kerryn said...

Just beautiful Trudi! I love all your cut out work!! And those cute little critters ;).

hilde janbroers said...

amazing! that tree is sooooooo cool!

Marelize said...

Beautiful Trudi! I love how you've created the layout around your story! :)

Suzanne McGregor said...

Love the way you have used that punch - just so creative! I love this layout!