Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The ScrapCake: May Kitchen Feature

We have been cooking up some ScrapCake paper crafting treats for you over on The ScrapCake blog.
  
As much as I love to indulge in making and of course eating something of the sweet variety; I also love the decorations that one will dress a cake with. So today I have decided to share something a little different.  I have taken my scrap supplies to the kitchen.  My mother in law is an avid cake decorator and I am always constantly amazed at what she will come up with.  It truly is amazing what one can create with icing.  Anyway, it got me thinking about making a cake topper of my own created from the One Moment In Time patterned paper variety. 

 I started with a round chipboard base which I covered with patterned paper.  A pretty die cut paper doily was attached to the bottom so that the delicate lace edges peek around the edges.  Some hand out and punched elements were added along with some other embellishments. A little 3 dimensional dome/cone element was created to sit at the back and a flower created from punched die cuts and patterned paper sits at the front. 
A little 'love'tag is the perfect sentimental touch.
One Moment In Time collection

4 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! This is PURE Delightful.... ♥

phamil said...

Trudi, that is just adorable!!! I love the whimsical look! Beautiful!

Lizzyc said...

Wow! how wonderfully creative this is, and it looks really beautiful!!

Kerryn said...

Oh wow! I bet this would look amazing on top of a yummy cake. It looks amazing even without the cake.