Sunday, April 26, 2015

Back Track 75

Hello!!

The inspiration for the project I share with you today takes me back to a much earlier childhood memory. As a child, my brother and I would listen to Patsy Biscoe’s 50 Favourite Nursery Rhyme’s Album.  It seemed appropriate to showcase this special memory on an older vinyl record which is the non- conventional item I chose to alter.  I found this in one of my opp shop visits and cost me the grand total of 20 cents - Bargain!!

The darker background of the record creates a night sky effect and allows the colours of the nursery elements to pop. A sprinkling of stars was added with masking using a Heidi Swapp mask and a few fussy cut ones from Graphic 45 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' paper. I used clear gel medium for the masking with a sprinkling of white gitter added over the top to make them ‘twinkle’. A ‘milky way ‘effect to the night sky was created by dabbing white gesso in areas and then dabbing a touch of iridescent with Heidi Swapp Teal Color Shine.
Fussy cut elements from Graphic 45’s Mother Goose collection allowed me to ‘Back Track’ to 1975 and recreate the nursery rhymes from Patsy’s record that I fondly recall.  
A large moon was created from chipboard and patterned paper and provides the foundation for all of the nursery elements to rest on.
Thanks so much for dropping by,
Till next time

No comments: