Sunday, May 10, 2009

Firstly Happy Mother's Day to all us mothers out there!! I hope that you have had a truly lovely day. Me - well my day started nice and early (eeek) and whilst DH was merrily snoozing and snoring his little head off, I was up trying to explain to my darling cherubs why the cartoons were not on (yes it was too early for cartoons to have even started) and having major disagreements over breakfast choices - No chocolate easter eggs are not a suitable breakfast choice. I was taken out for lunch - to a family friendly restuarant of course, which was just lovely.

Scrapping wise - Last night I put the finishing touches on this layout 'Angel face' for this weeks chipboard highschool homework assignment over at Scrapping Outback.



This week was all about creating 'the metal look' and I must say that I just LOVE this technique. Very grungy and Yes messy indeed but the effect is just fantastic. I was also able to adapt the technique to suit my more feminine theme







I also managed to incorporate techniques learnt in week 1 for my 'angel' title

and some hidden journalling


I also had a play with photo editing for the photo of Eloise. First I changed the photo to a vintage look which I did myself in different layers. Then I applied a Coffee Shop PSE action 'Honey Retro' afer FINALLY working out how to load actions to PSE.

Thanks for dropping by

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh see now I don't feel like my husband was the only one that forgot Mother's Day actually really = Sleep in for Mum, haha. Gorgeous LO, just stunning!
Kelx

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Trudi, I really must say it is so wonderful seeing all your gorgeous work again! You are very inspiring! LOVE all your latest layouts and that card - what a gorgeous stamp!!

Kathie said...

Great work Trudi! Looks fantastic, but then all your beautiful work does!! Love the photo of Missy E!!! Quite a stunner isn't she..
Coffee soon lovey, been busy this week. Make a date for next week though!!
Kathie
xoxo

Jules said...

This is just Stunning I Love it.I love the more girlie tones.You did the technique perfectly.Your creations are beautiful.I Love your style.

mandysea said...

Oh wow, just stunning! I love the detail you put into your work!
GORGEOUS!