Monday, June 22, 2009

Water Colour Roses

I just adore roses (anyone who has been to my house can atest to this as my garden is full of them!) Anyway, I fell in love with this gorgeous Stampin Up Fifth Avenue rose stamp as soon as I saw it. I came across this fantastic water colour technique that Patty Bennett had used for her roses. I have adapted the technique to suit the products that I have. Instead of using ink as Patty has done, I have used water colour crayons. I think that the end result is kind of pretty





Materials Used
Stamp: Stampin Up 'Fifth Avenue Rose', 'Frienship Blooms' (sentiment)
Paper: Stampin Up Designer Series Kiwi Kiss
Cardstock: Bazzill
Spellbinder Dies: label and flourish 12"
Water Colour Crayons, White Ink, Clear Embossing Powder

Another Stampin Up stamp collection which is now high on my 'wish list' is the 'A Rose Is a Rose' Set thanks to Kellie (LOL!) I have always admired what Kellie does with this set, anyway I finally got to play with this set on Saturday myself when I attended one of Kellie's workshops. This is one of the cards that we made



Just love the 2 tone shading effect you can achieve with this set

Thanks Kellie for such a great afternoon and also to Jess (aka Martha Stewart) for putting us all up for the afternoon. I say Martha Stewart cause she put on this amazing yummy spread for afternoon tea.

It was fun to just hang out and have a couple of kid free hours!

8 comments:

mezzo mish said...

Exquisite cards, SO BEAUTIFUL!

Kellie said...

WOW your card is so gorgeous Trudi and the second one isn't too bad either hahaha, kidding. I really love the effect you have given yours! Ok see now I think hmmm maybe I could use that stamp set! Was great having you, always nice to have a bit of me time with like minded people and you know we really only go for the feast Jess sets up! YUM!
Kelx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous cards! Kellie is a great teacher! She makes the most stunning cards!

Anonymous said...

Oh so beautiful cards Trudi, Tiff :o)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Stunning cards Trudi. I love Stampin' Up - there are so many on my wish list too :)

EverydayRamblings365 said...

Oh Trudi, devine luv, devine. Just loving those roses and how you have stamped them!!

Kathie said...

Very pretty Trudi, love your cards!! I love roses of any kind be they paper or real and they look pretty good to me on your cards!!
Coffee next week as this week is just to crammed up!!
Love ya gal
Kathie
xoxo

mandysea said...

Oh my gosh!! THese are just soooo stunning! WOW!