Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kaisercraft English Rose: Counting Down To Christmas

Hey There Lovely People!

Today I have a Kaisercraft Advent Calender which I have altered with the new English Rose collection to share.

When I first saw the Kaisercraft Advent Calender, I always envisaged creating a 3 Dimensional scene effect within the middle insert. I realise that the English Rose Collection is not at all christmas themed but it did suit the creation I had in my head and the colours are perfect for my Christmas themed decorations that I already have.

Altered Advent Calender

Photobucket

I painted the timber raw umber to coordinate with my dark oak timber furniture. From patterned paper I have made the church, tree branches and christmas tress using my cricut. The fences have also been diecut and the 'rose bushes' created from a template that I made.
Photobucket
Kaisercraft Wooden Hanging Tree Flourishes have been layered between the rose bushes and fences.

Photobucket

A Kaisercraft wooden star flourishes 'shines brightly' above my little scene.

Photobucket



4 comments:

Alanna said...

Loved it when I saw it on the kaiser blog, and still love it now.
Absolutely lovely and I love the 3D scene inside the shadow box!

Karen Shady said...

love this Trudi... that little church is way too cute... Its all adorable...

Kerryn said...

Totally gorgeous Trudi!!!!

Sue said...

This is just stunning.