Friday, May 25, 2012

Twiddleybitz, Prima and Publications

Hello, Hello, HELLO!!

It's been a little while so I will warn you that a long post is coming up LOL!!

Lots to share :)

First up some exciting news for me....

Come and say HI to me at the TWIDDLEYBITZ booth at the



June 9 - 11, 2012 June Long Weekend             Open 9am – 5pm dailyBrisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank


I'll be there along with 

Mr and Mrs Twiddley, Sandy Wallace, Jennifer Hodge and also the very talented Lisa Kamphius and special guest Maria Featon.

So be sure to say hello to us all and check out our bitz!!
I have lots of projects that I have been working on for the show

Here are a couple of sneak peaks that I can share



********************
Another project that I worked on earlier in the year can now be seen in the current Scrapbook Creations issue # 93.

On Page 89 you are invited to a carnival birthday party


And in Scrapbooking Memories Vol 14 NO 6

This was my take on the easy as 1,2,3 Sketch challenge which I was invited to participate with.

Some lovely Prima and Twiddleybitz combined for this one.

********************
And now onto some recent Prima scrappy shares.

We have been having some fun scraplifting our fellow DT gals.
I had the pleasure of taking inspiration from fellow Prima designer Anne Jo Lexander.  

This is Anne Jo Lexander's layout 'So this is us you say?'


Anne Jo has a fabulous sense for negative space design, arrangement and detail.  Her creations are a breath of fresh air and at times can be whimsical.   I particularly love how her creations will feature multi photo combinations which tell a story; often of an everyday occurrance.  Perfectly placed embellishing allows her photos to shine and hand written journaling tells us the story.

This is my inspiration took me


I have incorporated the light and dark toning and adapted the design arrangement by rotating it.  The embellishing was moved to vertically through the photo's rather than the along the photo edge.  I also loved the little rows of the Say It In Crystals hearts across the photo edge and instead of replicating, I have incorporated hearts in my embellishing.


********************
Prima Products:

#844226 Sun Kiss Col - Kindred Spirts
#554927 Notecards - Sun Kiss
#553999 Fimo & Crystals - Meadow Lark 
#554859 Notecards Meadow Lark
#556334 Velvet Rainbow Summer Mix
#556853 Miss Godivas Mermaid
#890827 Resin - Woodland Animals
#843748 12" x 12" Ledger
********************
Next, a card which was created for our special blog card day feature 


I combined the En Francais collection with a touch of Yuki - I thought the girl with the beret suited my French theme that I had going on :)

Prima Products:

#556013 Charme Rose En Francais
#843922 En Francais Vignette
#843915 En Francais Province
#843885 En Francais Billettes
#941062 Notecards Yuki Collection
#557607 Parisa Mayfair Mix


********************
And I will now finish with one more Prima project, this time created with the super fun Yuki collection.  This one was featured for our special Designer Day on the Prima blog.
  
The Yuki collection is also a mid release which is now available in stores.  I have also featured some of the resistant canvas butterflies and wooden elements.
Notecards were used to layer behind the main photo.
Some banners were created from patterned paper.  These were combined with some hand cut elements, chipboard and a sprinkling of blooms.

********************
Prima Products:

#941062 Notecards – Yuki Collection
#940997 Yuki Collection by Ruby Violet Evening Blossom
#940980 Yuki Collection by Ruby Violet Flower Bed
#940973 Yuki Collection by Ruby Violet Apple Seed
#940942 Yuki Collection by Ruby Violet Lumber Grove
#555313 Chipboard Pieces Almanac
#554798 Journaling Chipboard Doodle-Deux
#554453 Wood Buttons Meadow
#555499 Resist Canvas Natural
#555764 Melisse Doodle-Deux
#557065 Lady Godivas Limeade
#556334 Velvet Rainbow Summer Mix
#558376 Primmers Heather
#551353 Say It In Crystals  
#543563 Essentials 9 - Annalee

If you have made it this far - thank YOU!!

Hugs

xx T

3 comments:

Kerryn said...

So much gorgeousness Trudi! I am in awe of your layering and fussy cutting.

Love the look of your Twiddlybitz sneak peeks too, I'll keep my eyes out at the TB stand :).

Lizzyc said...

HI Trudi, these are so beautiful.. wow.. all the details and layers... I do hope you girls all wear name badges as when I go to the show I look and see all these people and try to put names to them and usually I just stand there and don't say Hello.. but I do hope to get to the show on the saturday and would love to say hi to you all!!

Alanna said...

My oh my Miss Trudi! Where to start? These projects are absolutely fabulous!! I love all your layering and embellishing and everything! I wish I could be in Brisbane to meet you but since I'm down in boring ol' Adelaide, it won't be happening! Have a great weekend at the show! Thanks as always for the inspiration! :)