Thursday, January 22, 2015

Masters Entry

Hello, Hello!!

Today I am sharing my projects that I created for the Australian Magazine Scrapbooking Memories 2014 Masters Competition. Although my entry was unsuccessful, I did have some fun playing along with the task criteria. Congratulations to the very talented 10 that were made Scrapbooking Memories Masters for 2014-2015.

Here is my take on Task 1 for the single layout 5" x 7" photo:

You Are My Wonderland





My take on Task 2 for the single layout including a non traditional item and I was thrilled to receive an Honourable Mention for this one.

Back Track 75 

 I chose to alter a vinyl record for the non traditional item 





My take on Task 3 for single layout with journalled focus:

Home 

I did choose to go with a different take on the journalled task for this one and incorporated a chalkboard sentiment as the focus. Opening the doors reveals more sweet sentiments for my family with die cuts and tags. 


 My take on Task 4 for the Altered Journal Cover:

Every Revolution Begins With a Spark


This started out as Paper Mache Book Album. Now I must confess that the whole ‘art journal’ concept with all those blank pages is kind of intimidating for me. So for something a little different, I converted mine into a 3D ‘art’ book. Those blank inside pages that I initially found so ‘intimidating’ were instead used to create the shadow box effect by being adhered together. A middle section was removed by using the front cover’s window as a template.  The back cover of the book had a similar opening and was then attached to the reverse side of the adhered pages.   A smaller ATC sized shadow box was constructed and then inserted into the cavity created. The front cover attached over the top creates the 3 dimensional effects.







No comments: